InstantDB: Primary Key Revisited

Hi,

I am writing a JDBC table editor, and the non-standard handling of primary key by InstantDB is
causing me some real grief. I know this topic has been discussed many times before, and the
stock reply is that InstantDB has always allowed non-unique PK "to be able to import data
from databases which do not enforce PK uniqueness". I have worked in the SQL database
business for over 15 years and InstantDB is the first one I have struck that allows non-unique
PK. Surely unique PK should be the default, with a configuration setting to allow non-unique
where it is really needed.

My specific problem is with the DatabaseMetaData getPrimaryKeys(...) method. The clear
intention of this method is to identify primary keys as unique constraints. Even if the SQL
syntax remains in its current form, I would really appreciate the semantics of the
getPrimaryKeys(...) method changing to include only unique primary keys.

Cheers,
Peter Yuill