InstantDB: No Rows Fetched - SQL Exception

Hi,
   I am using instantDb 3.12 version. In my code, I
execute nested SELECT queries.
My first query executes the data as expected. But the
second query throws an
exception with the message "No rows fetched". SQL code
= 0 and state = null.
What causes the instantDB JDBC driver to throw that
exception. I know there is
data in the table that I query. I have another sample
program which retrives the data
successfully.
Exception is thrown when it tries to execute rs.next()
code.

Nested query looks somewhat like this (not the exact
code)

sql = "SELECT link_id FROM link_info";
rs = stmt.executequery(sql);
stmt.close();

try
{
   while (rs.next())
   {
      sql = "SELECT (fwd_bandwidth+bwd_bandwidth) FROM
sdr";
      sql = sql + " WHERE link_id=" + rs.getString(1);
      rs1 = stmt.executeQuery(sql);
     System.out.println(rs1.getString(1));
      rs1.close();
   }