Re : InstantDB: Installation help wanted

Huy,

In fact, you just need to download this file : jta-spec1_0_1.zip which
you'll find here : http://java.sun.com/products/jta/index.html,
click on the second "Continue" button (the one after "JTA interfaces,
specification and javadoc files").

Proceed to download (about 600 kb, quite small).

Then, extract it where you want and add a reference to jta-spec1_0_1.jar to
your classpath.

Make sure your classpath is correct then, and try again. I had the same
problem, it's now solved.

Christian PENNAFORTE
CRIH Champagne-Ardenne

                     huy_ho@softhome.
                     net                     Pour :  instantDB@enhydra.org
                     Envoyé par :            cc :
                     owner-instantDB@        Objet :      InstantDB: Installation help wanted
                     Enhydra.ORG

                     04/08/00 09:39
                    Veuillez répondre
                    à instantDB

Hi,

I got problem when installing instantDB. I tried some ways to install such
as adding idb's paths to CLASSPATH, copying idb*.jar to /jre/lib/ext, but
there was still error. I guess that I need to add a path pointing to javax
package. Please show me how to fix it.

Thanks,
Huy

The following is my screen:

D:\db\Examples>echo %CLASSPATH%
.;d:\db\Classes\idb.jar;d:\db\Classes\idbexmpl.jar;d:\db\Classes\idbf.jar

D:\db\Examples>java -Xms16m -Xmx32m org.enhydra.instantdb.ScriptTool
Enhydra InstantDB - Version 3.20 beta 1
The Initial Developer of the Original Code is Lutris Technologies Inc.
Portions created by Lutris are Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Lutris Technologies,
Inc.

All Rights Reserved.
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/transaction/xa/XAException
        at org.enhydra.instantdb.db.Database.dbOpen(Database.java:293)
        at
org.enhydra.instantdb.jdbc.idbConnection.<init>(idbConnection.java:79
)
        at org.enhydra.instantdb.jdbc.idbDriver.connect(idbDriver.java:40)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
        at org.enhydra.instantdb.SampleThread.run(ScriptTool.java:537)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)