InstantDB: open connection from applet on local machine

Hi, all:

I have an applet which is on local machine. This Applet will open a
connection to local database. The code is as following:
try{
  Class.forName("org.enhydra.instantdb.jdbc.idbDriver");}
  catch(ClassNotFoundException cnfe) { cnfe.printStackTrace();}
try{
  System.out.println(getCodeBase());

con=DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:idb:c:\\winnt\\profiles\\jzhang\\desktop\\test\\test.prp");

 }
  catch
  (SQLException sqle) { sqle.printStackTrace();}

It works fine when I run this applet using appletviewer. But when I use
Netscape and IE to test it, it shows that it can find the idbDriver, but
the sentence
con=DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:idb:c:\\winnt\\profiles\\jzhang\\desktop\\test\\test.prp");

failed.
Is it because that the URL representation of local test.prp file is not
correct?  How should I write that url?

Thank you!

jenny