Re: InstantDB: SQL query does not run

Hi Bregitte,

yes, I have other queries that work pretty well. And, there is a query that shows
the complete join for one single data set as a form sheet. This works, though a
bit slower than with other dbms. I am using instantdb313 on nt40 sp4. The
problematic query is the one that shows all data in a swing table as a complete
join. This works with 15 rows but not with around 100 rows in the resulting
table. No, I can't go on in the application with another query after the bad
query is startet. CPU usage is 100% then and application windows are not painted
completely. But I can start dbinstant JDBCmain in parallel and perform simple
queries there. One thing is interesting: If data are stored with redundant
records in each table, that means 100 records in each table, though many of them
are the same, the query works. If data are stored without redundancy, often
referencing the same record of a table, the query hangs. Code should (really hope
so) be ok because the network version is already deployed for an informix server.

Thomas