InstantDB: Update query problems

I have not been able to successully run an update query when trying to
update the values in one table with the values in another table. (Join
the two)

I have tried every possible combination for joining the two tables to
perform the update that I can think of: but they all generate errors.
The only 1 that does not generate an error is:
Update table1 set table1.colUpdate = table2.colUse where
(table1.colID = table2.colID)
However when I run it nothing happens.

I have been able to do updates without joining to another table.
I have been able to do selects joining two tables. But I have not been
able to update a table with values from another table.

Any help with the correct syntax or potential problems would be greatly
appreciated.

Shawn Gorman