InstantDB: Date/Times in 3.26 Beta2

Hi,

  Noticing some differences between 3.21 & 3.26.  I'm creating Date columns
thoughout my
schema, which store both dates and times. In 3.21, I'm able to perform
inserts with the
syntax: insert into xyz values ('2001-12-01 12:01:00'), and get the expected
results.
I should probably mention that the "dateFormat" string is set appropriately
(yyyy-mm-dd hh:nn:ss.lll).

In going to 3.26, the same insert syntax ends up creating times around 1900,
e.g.
an uninitialized time value. Doing the same insert using the string 'current
time'
works just fine though, I get the corrent date/time. It looks as though the
parsing
of the timestring '2001-12....' is not translating to the proper internal
value, where
'current time' is.

I worked around the problem in 3.26, by doing a "SET DATE FORMAT " on my
connection
before creating my schema. Things are now working great, but, is this the
proper way
to get this done? Or am I out on the thin ice?

Thanks,
- Ko