From: Peter Hearty [mailto:peter.hearty@lutris.com]
Sent: January 13, 2001 12:18 AM
To: instantDB@enhydra.org
Subject: Re: InstantDB: how to make it faster

Doug

An indexed lookup, testing for equality,  will run at probably the same
speed regardless of the data type. InstantDB uses hash indexes instead of
b-trees so all comparisons are integer comparisons.

How big is the table and how slow is the lookup?

Regards

Pete

--

Peter Hearty                         peter.hearty@lutris.com