RE: InstantDB: insert contents of file into BINARY field

but absolute. I just try inserting some testfile
>("C:\tosh.gif") in a testtable. I try to do it in DBBrowser with something
like INSERT INTO table VALUES ( ..., 'C:
>\tosh.gif', ..)

Can this help?:

Remember that Java itself recognizes the backslash as an escape character.
So while the above might be OK for keyboard input, Within a Java program
you'll need to include a double backslash in order to pass the \ through to
InstantDB, and you'll also need to escape the double quotes. So the above
would be written in a Java program as: "He said \\\"How's That\\\"".

Thus:

"C:\\tosh.gif" or "c:/tosh.gif"

Works for me!

</johand>