Re: InstantDB: Why both Windows and UNIX download

The application itself will be portable for sure. However goggles in the
read abilities of properties files, mostly, make the data-files
non-portable... that has to be remembered.

Someone might, one day, produce a form of converter. My experience is
between a Macintosh (where your application could also run, InstantDB runs
fine... infos towards making an installer available) and Unix.

I think it is often the case that the content are the same but usually
windows downloads are zips whereas unix downloads are tar.gz (which are
fairly more efficient).

Paul