From: Robin Green <greenrd@hotmail.com>
To: instantdb@enhydra.org <instantdb@enhydra.org>
Date: 07 August 2000 17:27
Subject: InstantDB: Export SQL doesn't generate any SQL

I need to export an InstantDB database into a format that mySQL can read
(we're using instantdb on the client side and mysql). Something like
mysqldump would be ideal - it can generate a set of CREATE and INSERT
statements. RMI-JDBC is not an option - it must be a single file that can be
uploaded. I thought that SET EXPORT "filename.txt" SQL might work, but I
don't get any SQL out of that, I just get this:

0·All·0.0·999999.0
1·< £1·0.0·0.99
2·£1 to £3·1.0·2.99

I even set the exportSQL property to 1 in the database properties file.
Looks like a bug.

Shouldn't be too hard to workaround for now, of course.

--
Robin Green
i-tao Ltd.