InstantDB: IDB access and JVMs

Hi Peter,

In one of the information files for IDB I found the following
statement:

"InstantDB databases should only ever be accessed by a single
Java Virtual Machine (JVM) at any one time. Attempting to access
an InstantDB database simultaneously from multiple virtual machines
can corrupt the database without warning."

Question:
I have a single Java application which spawns off various threads.
Each thread may access the database in R/W mode. Any two threads
may access the database at the same time. From what I understand,
although there are various threads involved, since it's a single
application, only a single JVM is used, which will not allow
for potential corruption as stated above. Is this correct?
(I guess, I want to make sure I understand what's meant by
a single JVM and how threads affect this.)

Thanks!
Bregitte