Inserting with auto increment....

How do I find out what integer was given to me, when I do an insert into

a table that is keyed with an auto increment? I can't follow with a
select, because another process may have inserted as well. So I need to
know upon the insert, perhaps with meta data or something.

Also, I am trying to do an OUTER join like I do in Informix and I am
getting an error that it expected a "table name" and got the reserved
word "OUTER". Is there a different way to do OUTER joins in Instant DB
than in Informix?

--
Brian N. Burridge
Lead Internet Analyst

To unsubscribe from this list, please an send
email to 'majordomo@smartcard.co.uk' with the text
'unsubscribe instantdb' in the message body.