Commercial Enhydra Products
1200 Pacific Avenue, Suite 300
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Lutris Technologies delivers commercially packaged and supported products based on
the Enhydra open source project. Some of the key benefits that you will find in Lutris Enhydra that are not available from the open source Enhydra project:
- Commercially packaged, tested, and certified under a wide range of platforms.
- Comprehensive documentation for developing Enhydra applications, including the Getting Started Guide, Developer's Guide and Wireless Application Developmer's Guide.
- A suite of valuable third party software is included on the Lutris Enhydra CD, including Borland JBuilder, Forte for Java, InstantDB and PostgreSQL.
- Lutris Enhydra includes free 15-day installation support, online access to product and documentation updates, and optional availability of the Lutris Enhydra knowledgebase, technical support, and training classes.
- Comprehensive support for developing wireless applications:
- The Wireless Application Developer's provides an introductory overview of wireless technology and devices and drills into the issues involved in designing and developing wireless applications with Lutris Enhydra.
- The AirSent application is a field dispatch and delivery sample application that shows how a single application can support HTML, Flash, WML (WAP), cHTML (i-mode), XHTML, and J2ME clients.
- Bundled third party wireless tools and emulators to speed wireless development, including WebLoad by WebGain (HTML and WML Load testing), WAPtor WML Editor, and device emulators by Sun and Motorola (J2ME), Pixo (cHTML/i-mode), Nokia and YoSpace (WML).
- A sample application and documentation showing how to add a voice interface using VoiceXML to Enhydra applications.
- Comprehensive Web Mail demo application, EnhydraMail, with HTML and WML clients.
Additional Enhydra support, training, and consulting services are also
available from Lutris Technologies.
3rd Party Add-ons
develops web-components on the base of Java servlets. The main product
is Java Servlets Office Suite (JSOS). This product is a collection
of Java servlets 'out-of-the-box,' ready to be used for building
web-pages. JSOS plays the same role as a set of CGI scripts and
can be used by webmasters for adding dynamic capabilities to their
sites. JSOS components are like Lego blocks and can be used for
fast assembling internet/intranet sites. JSOS has a rich set of
servlets such as Message Board, Chat, File Manager, Calendar and
many others, which can be used instead of CGI scripts to build your
According to Coldjava, they are the largest collection of Java
servlets over the Net at this time. JSOS was tested with Enhydra
3.0 and supports WAP/WML. JSOS works with any servlets engine that
supports version 2.0 or higher of the servlets specification, so
it is very compatible with Enhydra (Java Servlets API 2.2).
You can get more information about Coldjava and their products at
The Platypus Toolset, by
Plugged In Software, consists of code generation tools that
speed the Web application development cycle. The toolset is meant
to generate code compatible with Enhydra, the leading Open Source
application server. Using the Platypus Toolset, Web developers can
generate the majority of code for an application from hypertext
markup language (HTML) pages, simple configuration files and a database
schema. The combination of the
Platypus Toolset and the Enhydra application server allows developers
to rapidly create scalable Web-based business applications.
Forte For Java/Community Edition
for Java, Community Edition delivers a comprehensive development
solution for the Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition (J2SE),
providing a complete and secure foundation for building and deploying
network-centric applications. Through its extensive support of open
standards, Forte for Java, Community Edition enables development
on any Java virtual machine and just about any environment, including
the Solaris Operating Environment, Linux, and Microsoft Windows
platforms. Open Object-Oriented Architecture
JBuilder - Pure Java Distributed Application Development
4.0 is the most comprehensive set of award-winning visual development
tools for building Pure Java applications, applets, JSP/Servlets,
JavaBeans, EJB and distributed CORBAŽ applications for
the Java 2 Platform. With JBuilder 4, developers rapidly deliver
a full spectrum of platform independent solutions, from applets
to applications. Whether you need mission-critical enterprise-wide
distributed Internet solutions or networked database and client/server
connectivity, JBuilder's open, scalable, and standards-based development
environment shortens your time-to-market for Java applications
Enterprise O/R provides a powerful solution for bridging the
fault between Objects and your RDBMS. The CocoBase technology is
based on landmark patents issued to THOUGHT Inc. for Repository
based Object Mapping, and is the technology and product leader in
the Java space. Having the oldest, most mature complete and stable
product with over 3 years of product availability, CocoBase is in
a class by itself in terms of Object to Relational Mapping. Not
only did we invent Repository based Object Mapping, but we built
a system on it that actually is more efficient than static solutions,
making it a necessity for any Java Enterprise Component Developer.
TowerJ is setting
the standard for deploying Java based e-Business server applications.
The current release of TowerJ, with support for Java 2, is the only
Java deployment solution that delivers high levels of performance,
scalability, manageability, reliability and security across eight
different server platforms. Free evaluation copies of TowerJ are
available to qualified organizations.