Re: InstantDB: importing from other data bases

I'm not aware of a program that converts Oracle tables to Instantdb tables. You will need to write a program or two to do this.

This requires exporting the Oracle tables to files. You will have the choice I  expect with Oracle to select several formats for generating these exported files. You could choose for instance comma delimited. You need to investigate and understand the relations between all the Oracle tables. Using this information you can then reconstruct these relationships in InstantDB.

You might approach this by simply importing each of the exported delimited files into unrelated InstantDB tables. InstantDB has a script reader that can handle this. I don't think you can use it to recreate the relationships. The 3rd step would then be to write a program that uses the relationships that originally tied together these InstantDB tables to create a new and final set of InstantDB tables .Steps one and two are very easy. Step three you neeed to know Java.

Craig

Manjula Poreddy wrote:
001b01c066a3$f2768590$72617f92@MANJULA">
Hi,
I am new to instantdb.
I have a set of 80 database tables in oracle.All of them include primary key and foreign key stuff. I want to import the data base schema as well as the data inside the tables
into instantdb.

Does instantdb has this facility? if yes, can some body explain how?

Thanks,
Manjula.