Re: InstantDB: alive?

--- Viktors Rotanovs <viktors@riga.nu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is this mailing list alive? seems that everyone asks
> and nobody answers.

Hi Viktors,

You didn't get response because your question was too
general.

>I'm new to InstantDB, does anyone have some
comparisons
>of InstantDB, PostgreSQL and Interbase? I currently
use
>PostgreSQL 7.0, and it has two bad things:

Peter Hearty is probably the most responsive guy I've
encountered on a free-software mailing list.

There are known limitations to each of these 3
databases.  InstantDB's are well covered in the
documentation.

What's best for you depends on your application.  I
would make my decision first on required functionality
and then on  performance.

In your application design, it's probably better not
to use outer joins.  It's easy to workaround this.

My preference in implementations is not to write sql
but use tool for this so you can easily move your
system from 1 database to another.  Even if you don't
port, it's very convenient to be able to develop
system using a Java database (like InstantDB) with the
possibility of using something more scaleable for
deployment.

Regards, george