Re: InstantDB: win2k script; discussion board link?

Hi Larry

I guess it's all just a matter of how much of your environment is already being used by
autoexec.bat. As I tend to have a lot of stuff installed at any one time the number of
default environment variables tends to be pretty large. My guess was that most developers
would find  the same, so I put the environment setting tweak in. You're probably right
though - without it I guess it would do just fine for NT.

So there you have it Lutris folks: next release you'll be able to add NT/2000 scripts as
well!

With the benefit of 20/20 hindsight though, I think I'd have structured the install
instructions a bit differently anyway. I'd probably have liked everyone to at least have
read the "All Other Users" section first, so that everyone knew just how little is
involved in setting things up and then added the Win98/Linux scripts as a convenience.

> I'm working up an initial prototype with instantdb, and was happy to find
> what appears to be a nice little standalone db with SQL support.  any idea
> when the source might go open?

Glad your finding IDB a useful tool. As to the source code? Lutris has us all waiting with
baited breath... I'm honestly as much in the dark about that as everyone else.

Pete