Re: InstantDB: Hi,newbie here

You should be able to run the platform appropriate script (i.e.
Linux/start, Win98/start.bat) from the Examples directory; this will run
sql1.txt, then bring up the DB Browser.  This loads the database
specified in Examples/sample.prp.  As far as a database name goes, I'm
not sure what you mean here.  The jdbc URL for idb is jdbc:idb=[path to
.prp file].

Thom