InstantDB: Réf. : RE: InstantDB: Access on the Instant-DB (NT) withMS Access

Hi,

I think Annett would like to use Access as a User-Friendly tool to work
with InstantDB databases.
I'm affraid I don't know if it is possible, but I think it is not. There's
a bridge JDBC --> ODBC, but I don't think the other way bridge exists.
Anyway, if you'd like to use a nice tool, you can try QueryBuilder (not as
nice as Access, but better than only command lines).
You can also try JBuilder 4 Pro which provides a tool to navigate in
databases using JDBC.

Christian.
Christian PENNAFORTE
CRIH Champagne-Ardenne

                     "John Nichol"
                     <john.nichol@irisfin        Pour :  <instantDB@enhydra.org>
                     ancial.com>                 cc :
                     Envoyé par :                Objet :      RE: InstantDB: Access on the
                     owner-instantDB@enhy        Instant-DB (NT) with MS Access
                     dra.org

                     11/12/2000 15:52
                    Veuillez répondre à
                    instantDB

Annett,

what are you trying to achieve? Instant DB is used instead of another DB
server such as MS Access.

If you want to get data from an Access DB to put in InstantDB there is a
description in the JavaDoc for InstantDB "Importing and Exporting Data"
section. You can find MS Access JDBC drivers in many places, try
http://www.j-netdirect.com/, or have a look at the Java soft site
http://industry.java.sun.com/products/jdbc/drivers for more drivers.

John