InstantDB: Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 13:44:09 +0100

Title:

Hi all,

Can anyone help me on this one. I got the following message during statup of the application:

Enhydra InstantDB - Version 3.14
The Initial Developer of the Original Code is Lutris Technologies Inc.
Portions created by Lutris are Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Lutris Technologies, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
WARNING!!! - THE DATABASE JOURNAL FILE IS CORRUPT.
SOME DATA MAY BE IN AN INCONSISTENT STATE.

My questions are:

- What could be the cause of a corrupt database journal file?
- What is the effect of this corrupt file?
- Is this a fatal fault? Is the database lost?
- How to prevent this (besides recoveryPolicy)?

Thanks in advance.
Jaco