Re: InstantDB: Handling Date types

Terry

I haven't been following all of this discussion too closely, but
InstantDB is a bit limited in how it handles dates, times etc.

Currently, there is a connection wide default date/time format that
gets applied to all date/time columns in a table when it gets created.
You can change the value of this with a command like:

SET DATE FORMAT "yyyy-mm-dd hh:nn:ss.lll"

The new format then applies to all date/time tables created after the
above command. Full details at:

http://instantdb.enhydra.org/software/documentation/types.html#Date-Type

A future version of IDB will introduce separate date and time formats
and also allow customisation on a per column basis - but that doesn't
really help you now.

Regards

Pete

--