SV: InstantDB: Problems creating files with '$' in filename

Sounds strange with the $s. I had IDB running on Corel linux, which is based
on Debian,some time ago with no problem at all.

Regards,
Martin

-----------------

I can create files when I escape the '$', but not when I try without.
I cannot FTP files with a '$' in the name to the system, unless I use
something like tar or gzip to do so.
This is the web-host for a client - so I have no control over how it is
set up.
It uses Debian and jserv, but beyond that my knowledge runs out.
I have almost managed to get things working by copyng over my database
files from the Red Hat installation (using tar/gzip).
Now I am facing a slightly different problem:
   when I try to connect to the database I get an OutOfMemoryError
I have seen this before, when I restart the servlet many times in a
short period (no metrics I'm afraid). It seems as if there is a memory
leak when the servlet connected to InstantDB is restarted.