InstantDB: Newbie confused on install of InstantDB

http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/download.html#corespec21

I am brand new to Java, but know VB6.0 inside out. I want to convert a
database app using MS Access to Java with InstantDB. I'm on a Windows 98
platform with Sun JDK 2 SE (1.3)

I read the InstantDB install instructions and I'm really confused.

1. What do I download from:
http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/download.html#corespec21 .... (the JDBC
Data Access API). Do I get the 2.1 extensios, the 3.0 or the 2.1 Optonal????
Where do I put them.... what directory???

2. Where do I install (unzip) the jta-spec1_0_1.zip to?

3. We have not entered a Classpath in the autoexec.bat yet as we have not
needed it (so far). What exactly is the command we should use for InstantDB
to work:

set classpath =.;xxxx;xxxxx ????

I know you are used to dealing with a higher level of Java knowlege, so I
apologize for being so dense. Any help would be appreciated. And if I may be
so bold, may I politely suggest that perhaps the install docs need to be
amplified just a wee bit for idiots like me (and the rest of us who want to
abandon the MS flagship and who are starting to climb aboard the boat to
Java-land.)

Thanks. I'll check back here soon and hope that somoene will be able to help
me out.

Al Canton
Adams-Blake Publishing
Hate Quickbooks? If you are in publishing or general  business, you must see
PUB123 or SOHO-123 (Small Office/Home Office), the newest and most
affordable back-office software systems available. Also see our 22,000+ name
Media123 database.  http://www.adams-blake.com   info@adams-blake.com