From: "Gregor.Frey" <Gregor.Frey@t-online.de>
To: <peter.hearty@lutris.com>; <dion.truter@coreprocess.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2000 9:04 PM
Subject: JSDKEE1.2.1

Hi,
finally I got the jsdkee to work with instantdb. Thanks for your advise!
This is the way I got the sun j2sdkee to work with instantdb:

- first of all: use the RmiJdbc-Driver! I took the version shipped with the
j2sdkee in: j2sdkee1.2.1/lib/cloudscape. The file Rmijdbc.jar and all the
jar-files from instantdb I copied in the jdk1.3/jre/lib/ext directory.

- start the RmiJdbc-Driver for the instantDB: java RmiJdbc.RJJdbcServer
org.enhydra.instantdb.jdbc.idbDriver

- edit the default.config from j2sdk:

- declaration of the datsource:

jdbc.datasources=jdbc/InstantDB|jdbc:rmi://localhost/jdbc:idb:/ware/instantd
b/Examples/my1stdb.prp

- take the jdbc-driver configured allready for cloudscape:

jdbc.drivers=COM.cloudscape.core.RmiJdbcDriver

- start the j2ee-server with: j2ee -verbose

- start the client. I tried the account example from j2sdkee :

java -cp .:./AccountAppClient.jar:/ware/j2sdkee1.2.1/lib/j2ee.jar
AccountClient

That's it!

Bye
Gregor Frey