InstantDB: SQL syntax question

I've poured over the IDB syntax and can't seem to figure this one out,
but perhaps it is due to a limited knowledge base of SQL....

I want to write a query of the form:
  SELECT * FROM myTBL WHERE (aColumn OR zColumn)=?

I know this isn't allowed, but is there another means for expressing
this? I need this because the WHERE clause is used in a prepared
statement and I'd prefer to pass only a single value in. I'm currently
working around this with WHERE aColumn=? OR zColumn=? and setting both
fields to the same string.

Any help/advice appreciated --
Cindy