InstantDB: Problem with RmiJdbc

Hi, my name is Edoardo.
I have a problem with idb: when I use the same data base with two or
more application, using RmiJdbc (remote db access!), if one of the
application goes down (failure), I have to kill the RmiJdbc server in
order to restart it (obviously I have to kill the other application that
use it as well).
If I don't use this procedure, when I start the failed application
again, it stops at the first query it makes (the strange thing is that
it doesn't give error message or exception, it just stops, like in an
infinite loop).
Probably something goes wrong with the rmiregister server, but what?
What's wrong? Did anyone have the same experience? Any solution?

Thanks in advance for your help!!
Bye.