From: owner-instantDB@enhydra.org [mailto:owner-instantDB@enhydra.org]On Behalf Of Juergen Roeder
Sent: 27 September 2000 12:17
To: instantdb@enhydra.org
Subject: InstantDB: InstantDB and CocoBaseFreeJDBC

Hi!
Is anybody out there working with CocoBaseFreeJDBC?
I'm working with InstantDB 3.20 beta2 and CocoBaseFreeJDBC 3.01. If I try to open a new db connection with the CocoAdmin Tool I get the following error message:

"Bad JDBC ClassName! CocoBase Free only works with InstantDB or SimpleText!"

It seems that CocoBaseFreeJDBC is shipped with InstantDB v2.20 and all the properties files in the cocobase demos subdirectory rely on version 2.20 of InstantDB.
I substituted all InstantDB v2.20 jars shipped with cocobase by InstantDB v3.20 beta2 jars and edited all the necessary properties files to work with InstantDB v3.20 beta2. I set idb.jar properly in the CLASSPATH too.

Any idea what's going wrong?

Thanks for help in advance!
Jürgen