Make your own free website on Tripod.com

InstantDB Project
About InstantDB
Project Mail Lists
Short History
Reporting Bugs
Screen Shots
3rd Party Examples
FAQs

Software
Downloads
Documentation
CVS Repositories
Roadmap
License

About Enhydra.org
Who We Are
News, Articles & Events
Getting Involved
Contact Us

Community
Demos
Contributions
Resources
Case Studies
On The Edge! -NEW-
Commercial Vendors


[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: InstantDB: Creating new tables with scripts


Raj

> I have a very basic database (one table) that I want to create in
> InstantDB (currently in Access).  I've looked at some of the supplied
> scripts, and think that I understand the syntax, but I'm not sure how I go
> about running my own script to create the database.

java org.enhydra.instantdb.ScriptTool myscript.txt

>
> Also, if I don't supply a path to the .prp file in the connection string,
will it
> be assumed to be in the same directory as the class being executed?
>
It will look for the .prp file in the directory you were in when you typed
the "java" command, i.e. the current directory.

> Eg, if I have the line:
> Connection con= DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:idb:foo.prp");
>
> and the program is c:\bar\myclass.java, will the connection look in the
> appropriate directory, or do absolute paths always have to be given?
>

No, it will look in the current directory, regardless of where the class is
loaded from. Absolute paths are generally best, although for portability
reasons I can understand why you may not want to use them.

Regards

Pete

--

Peter Hearty                         peter.hearty@lutris.com
Lutris Technologies (UK)        http://www.lutris.com
----- Original Message -----
From: "Raj Bhaskar" <9705228b@student.gla.ac.uk>
To: <instantDB@enhydra.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2000 8:40 PM
Subject: InstantDB: Creating new tables with scripts


> Hi all,
> I have a very basic database (one table) that I want to create in
> InstantDB (currently in Access).  I've looked at some of the supplied
> scripts, and think that I understand the syntax, but I'm not sure how I go
> about running my own script to create the database.
>
> Also, if I don't supply a path to the .prp file in the connection string,
will it
> be assumed to be in the same directory as the class being executed?
>
> Eg, if I have the line:
> Connection con= DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:idb:foo.prp");
>
> and the program is c:\bar\myclass.java, will the connection look in the
> appropriate directory, or do absolute paths always have to be given?
>
> Thanks for your patience (I'm still very new with InstantDB),
> Raj.
> ------------------------------------------------------------------
> __        __
> |   | |   |   Rajnish Bhaskar, University of Glasgow
> |_ / |_ /    E-Mail: rajy@i.am
> |   \ |   \   Home Page: http://i.am/rajy
> |    \ |__/
> Help feed the hungry people of the world.
> Give a free donation of food at http://www.thehungersite.com
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send email to majordomo@enhydra.org
> with the text "unsubscribe instantdb" in the body of the email.
> If you have other questions regarding this mailing list, send email to
> the list admin at owner-instantdb@enhydra.org.
>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send email to majordomo@enhydra.org
with the text "unsubscribe instantdb" in the body of the email.
If you have other questions regarding this mailing list, send email to
the list admin at owner-instantdb@enhydra.org.