From: Christine Bregulla <cbregulla@perbit.de>
To: instantdb@enhydra.org <instantdb@enhydra.org>
Date: 18 July 2000 08:18
Subject: InstantDB: Error message "Column null not found"

Dear Peter,
we are experiencing strange errors when we update records. Sporadically on
saving the system reports
"Failed to insert/modify DO Column null not found"
If we then retype the data and store again, it works O.K.
Here´s the offending Update statement:
update Fehlermeldungen set version = 3 , Kontaktart = Telefon , Gemeldet =
, Fehlerstufe = 1L , Prioritaet = 4 , LoesungBearbeiter = KO , Fehlermeldung
= Update CD (PI)rtddrt , Linkoid = 189 , Fehlerart = Upgra , Modul =  ,
Bearbeiter = KO , L1Erledigt = NULL , L1Durch = KO , L2Erledigt = NULL ,
L2Durch = NULL , L3Erledigt = NULL , L3Durch = NULL , GesamtZeit =
1970-01-01 , Loesung = in Trossingen upgegradet , LoesungDatum = 2000-02-25
, LoesungZeit = 1970-01-01 , KDInfoam = NULL , Datum = NULL , Versandam =
NULL , Versandart = CD , SYST = PI-WIN , LastMod = 2000-07-01 , Benutzer =
Import , Bis = 2000-02-25 , Von = 2000-02-25 where oid = 1703 and version =
2
Do you know about this and if so, what can we do to avoid the problem.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Christine Bregulla

perbit Software GmbH
Keplerstraße 11