Re: InstantDB: FileNotFoundException: idb.jrl

Ferenc

>No other application or thread accesses the same db. (I assume more
>threads should not be a problem).

OK - that's good. It means we don't have to look at that class of problem at
least. Multiple threads shouldn't be a problem as all access to the journal
file happens through a synchronized Journal object.

>I thought about the workaround that you mention ((transLevel=0), but I
>guess it would not be a safe solution.

You're right, it would be safe if the import preceded an application run.
However, if the import is an irregular activity you could take the system
down, import the data with transLevel=0, and then start up again with
transaction re-enabled. However if you import a lot then this would be
pretty inconvenient.

>It is strange that the file is deleted sometimes after inserting few
>hundred other times after tens of thousands of rows.

I wonder if maybe there's some delay between a request for a file to be
deleted and the actual delete taking place on NT? I'll mail you a separate
version of Journal.class that does this. Let's see if it has any effect.
(BTW - I can't get this bug to happen here, but if anyone else out there is
have problems with imports on NT then I'd like to hear about it).

Regards

Peter Hearty
Lutris Technologies UK Ltd.