Re: InstantDB: Search Solution for Union?

Hi Fadoua,

I had a similar problem with views and unions. Our Software should run on
several databases - so we used a layer (DataManager) in between that generates and parses
SQL code and also knows if the DB supports views or unions.
If the keyword UNION is detected and is not supported by the DB, than the query is splitted into
several queries. The resultset of these queries are merged afterwards.

Maybe this helps,
Andreas

Fadoua Ouerdiane wrote:

 Please Peter, can you find a solution for our Problem:    We are porting one of our applications from Sybase to InstantDB.    It seems to run very well, with the Performane we are very satisfied, although the Database is very largely,    and the SQL statement are very complicated.   Only a few of queries cause SqlExeception, because they contain the Word Union.           "???????????????it blocks us?????????????????????????"   have you please an idea, how we can solve that. I appreciate your help and thank you in advance .

with best regards

Fadoua============================
Dipl.-Inf. Fadoua Ouerdiane
manager Internolix Tunisia
Immeuble l'arche du lac 2eme etage
2045 les berges du lac deTunis
Tel: +216 [0] 1 960 599
Fax: +216 [0] 1 960 576
email: internolix.gnet.tn

--
Andreas Hausleitner
Head of Engineering

Caramba Labs

eMail:  a.hausleitner@carambalabs.com
WWW:    http://www.carambalabs.com
Tel:    +43-1-9435167
Fax:    +43-1-7186170
Bill Joy (Sun Microsystems) always says,
'Innovation will happen, and it will happen elsewhere.'