Re: InstantDB: General Question on InstantDB?

Hello Eric

InstantDB has been around for about 3 years now, so it's had a bit of time
to sort out the kind of SQL parsing problems like the one you described.
Without knowing more details I won't be able to say for certain, but on the
whole, SQL parsing problems don't pop up very often nowadays.

>I guess my question is how reliable is Instant db compared to commercial
>grade database like
>sql server, oracle?

Oracle has been around for about 20 years now, so it's obviously a very
mature product. Regardless of which sense in which you use the word
"reliable", all of the Java databases have a bit of catching up to do. On
the other hand, InstantDB is all-Java, free, and soon to be open source. So
try it and let us know if you think it makes the grade. If it doesn't then
tell us why and we'll make it better.

>Does instant db support multi-threading?

Yes.

Regards

Peter Hearty
Lutris Technologies UK Ltd.