From: Peter Hearty [mailto:peter.hearty@ceasar.demon.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2000 9:27 AM
To: instantDB@enhydra.org
Subject: Re: InstantDB: How to scripts?

John

Several people have experienced this. BatchUpdateException is a Java 2
class. It appears that some JDK 1.x classloaders check for every class
referenced by a loaded class, even if that referenced class is never
actually instantiated.

Not all classloaders do this, e.g. the Sun JDK 1.1.8 seems to be able to run
the latest InstantDB OK, provided that Java 2 features are not used. Which
JDK are you using?

Possible work arounds include:

1) If you're using 1.1.7, try upgrading to 1.1.8.
2) If Java 2 is an option then try using that instead.
3) If (2) is not an option then try placing rt.jar from Java 2 at the end of
your classpath.

Regards

Peter Hearty
Lutris Technologies UK Ltd.