Re:

Kevin

Ah...sorry...I see what you mean. Bad news I'm afraid. I think you have to
do this by hand - at least as far as InstantDB is concerned.

I don't know if there's an accepted JDBC/ODBC standard way of doing this.
Anyone out there know differently? If so, I'll be happy to build it into
InstantDB.

Regards

Peter Hearty
Instant Computer Solutions

>Yes, I understand. However, if a string to be inserted in the database is
>input by the user, then special characters (quotes, tabs, newlines,
>backslashes) must be escaped with a backslash before the string can be used
>in an SQL INSERT statement. Is there any existing method for
>auto-backslashing a string, or is this something I'll have to handle
>programmatically myself?
>
>-Kevin Yank.

To unsubscribe from this list, please an send
email to 'majordomo@smartcard.co.uk' with the text
'unsubscribe instantdb' in the message body.